News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TEBF0808 Unbootable?

Started by Aaron, May 07, 2019, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

I have a TEBF0808 starter kit that I previously booted and ran for a bit, using the SD card it came with. 

Then, I flashed the TE0808 SoM QSPI with a petalinux development image, moved it to a custom board, everything worked fine for a while.   At some point during the development cycle, we noticed we stopped seeing the serial console. 
* It could have been a petalinux build I did where I used changes from a Vivado build (petalinux-config --get-hw-config=...)?
* It could have been due to the changes I had to make to platform-top.h to make it boot from QSPI  (I had to remove the "#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS ...")

At this point, I'd like advice on getting the serial port back, because I am unable to boot my linux image from QSPI at the moment, and I'm not sure why.

Also, most of the time, when booting from the SD card, I get this error below.  When the error happens, it hangs.   Occasionally (rarely), it appears to boot fine. 

PetaLinux 2018.2 petalinux /dev/ttyPS0

petalinux login: Xilinx Zynq MP First Stage Boot Loader (TE modified)
Release 2018.2   Jul 10 2018  -  15:10:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TE0808 Board Initialisation
Si534x Init Function
Couldn't write value 0xD8 to address 0x0B24.
                                            There were 0 succesful I2C writes so far.
                                                                                     Error: Configure si534x CLK
Xilinx Zynq MP First Stage Boot Loader (TE modified)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Si534x Init Function

JH

Hi,
QuoteXilinx Zynq MP First Stage Boot Loader (TE modified)

Si534x Init Function

This is part of the FSBL and the modified FSBL can't configure SI5345 over I2C. How did you connect I2C on your carrier, like on the TEBF0808? If not did you modified the FSBL sources and did you use the correct PS setting for your Carrier MIO configuration?

br
John