News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Standalone Ethernet using TE0720

Started by hossam84, March 11, 2019, 03:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hossam84

Hello,

I am trying to use standalone Ethernet using TE0720 Module and TE0701-06 base board. I am using the test board example and using SDK I am trying to run echo server example. I have done this with ZYBO board and it is working fine. However, when I tried the same with the TE0720 module I failed. I searched a lot on google to find any getting started example with TE0720 module or even anything related to Ethernet but I couldn't find anything. When I run the echo server example using the TE0720 module it is always stop at the point shown in the attached snapshot.

Could you please tell me why this happen? Is there any special configuration to enable standalone Ethernet using TE0720 Module?

Thanks in advance,
H.H

JH

Hello,
does the example design with Linux works (prebuilt boot.bin and imag.ub inlcuded)?
Did you use our special FSBL which also resets ETH?

From your sceenshot, it seems MDIO works (one time 100 instead of 1000, but it seems that it communicate over MDIO) maybe something is with data lane, please try out the reference design at first.

br
John

hossam84

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Actually, I am trying standalone example without Linux or FSBL. The standalone example works with the board, however, it took long time to start the communication.
Does it work this way or there is something wrong?

When I waited for more than 5 minutes I noticed that it is connected and I can proceed with the example.

JH

Hi,
I think 5 min is to long, you has the same delay on your ZYBO board? If yes, maybe you has some problem with your router or network?
I never tried out the Xilinx barmetal app so I can't help much with this.

Without FSBL is not really possible. I think you used SDK to program SoC? If yes, SDK use init script generated from your HDF export. This is a script variant of the Xilinx default FSBL to initilise the PS.

So please try one time the Boot.bin and image.ub (included into the prebuilt folder of the download) from the reference design. It use also DHCP to get a IP. Do you have the same delay there?

br
John

hossam84

I didn't have this issue with my ZYBO board.
But for TE0720, when I disable DHCP from the lwip, it works fine.

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks,
H. H

JH

Hi,
can you try out one time what's happens when you use our linux prebuilt? Needs DHCP also longer to get IP?
br
John

hossam84

Currently, I am working with standalone Ethernet. In the next plan I will use FreeRTOS and Linux. Later I will update this post based on what I will observe.

I appreciate your collaboration.

Thanks,
H. H

Antti Lukats

Hi,

we really do recomend to use Linux if ethernet is involved. For any attempts to use network in baremetal we can not provide much help.

br
Antti Lukats