News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Storing bitstream in flash memory problem

Started by legrap, March 28, 2019, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legrap

I am trying to get to grips with FPGA development on a recently acquired CYC1000 board and have installed the Xilinx ISE with Arrow USB programmer.

I can get the reference designs to build and download and run on the CYC1000 but it is not being stored on the board so that the design would auto load when just powered up and not connected to the development tools.

I think I may need to set up some parameters in the CFI editor to allow the bitstream to be stored in flash (although I could have completely mis-understood this point), but I can't find the details of what to fill in in the form. Does anyone have guidance they can share as to how I can achieve the board autobooting with the bitstream at power up?
Thanks for any assistance.

legrap

Apologies for any confusion, I mixed up my development environments. My original request still stands but It relates to using the Quartus development suite from Intel, and not the Xilinx ISE as I mentioned in my first post (I am playing with the Xilinx ISE but for a different board).
So any suggestions for how to put bitstream into flash with Arrow usb programmer software from Quartus would be gratefully received.

Thomas D

Hi,

you should follow the steps below to load your design into flash memory:
1. Compile your Design to create the *.sof file
2. Select "File -> Convert Programming Files" from the Quartus menu and specify following settings:
     a. Programming file type: JTAG Indirect Configuration File (.jic)
     b. Configuration device: EPCQ16A
     c. Select "Flash Loader" and click "Add Device..." -> choose the right device (Cyclone 10 LP, 10CL025Y)
     d. Select"SOF Data" and click "Add File..." -> choose <project_directory>/output_files/*.sof
3. Click Generate and close the "Convert Programming File" window
4. Open the Programmer and add the *.jic file from the project directory
5. enable "Program/Configure" and click "start"
6. After flash memory is programmed, press the reset button on your board

br
Thomas