News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE715-04-30-1l U-Boot Error

Started by coskunberk.erbas, January 22, 2019, 12:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coskunberk.erbas

Hi,

We are using te715-04-30-1l3 SoM with TE701-6 carrier in our project.

We try to boot the SoM with SDCard (The prebuilt test board application from "downloads" menu is used) but we have faced some problems during our trials.

The "FPGA configured led" (the green led) doesnt get turned off after powering up the board with sdcard boot mode. So we tried to boot the SoM with u-boot.bin from qspi. It was succesfull. However, when we try to boot linux with uboot sdboot command it gives the error of "Card did not respond to the voltage select!".
Questions:
1) What would be the reason for SDCard boot to fail ( We have added the "boot.bif", "BOOT.bin" from the directory :"test_board>prebuilt>boot_images>te7015_04_30_1i>u-boot" and  addeded "image.ub" from the directory :"test_board>prebuilt>os>petalinux>default", same process worked for TE720)

2)Why are we having  "Card did not respond to the voltage select!". error and how can we solve it.

3)Is there any special configuration for te701-6 board to work with TE715-04-30-1I, if there, the manual or any sort of such complementary file would help a lot.

Thank you in advance    :D

JH

Hi,
QuoteWe try to boot the SoM with SDCard (The prebuilt test board application from "downloads" menu is used) but we have faced some problems during our trials.
which one?
The newest one? --> ZIP Name

TE0701 selects automatically the boot mode, depending on SD Card is detected or not.

But if the prebuilt Boot.bin boots from QSPI and not from SD and uboot shows "Card did not respond to the voltage select!", I think your B2B connector is damaged or the module is not correctly connected.

II understand you correct, your TE0720 works with this TE0701 carrier? If yes, I think it's the module.

How did you removed the module? Like it's shown here:

Can you check JM1 connector pins 17 up to 21, maybe you see if something is broken.

br
John

PS: *.bif is only the definition file to generate the boot.bin, it's not needed to put them on SD --> you can open *.bif with texteditor. or load into sdk to generate your own boot.bin