News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0820-03-03EG-1ED Reference Design?

Started by ScottBierly, January 21, 2019, 03:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottBierly

Hello. I am completely new to Trenz and have just ordered a TE0820-03-03EG-1ED SOM and a couple carrier cards to evaluate for my new design application. I'm a complete newbie on all this, and am greatly impressed at the wealth of infrastructure, boards, and great docs! But, I'm confused that this page: https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0820+Test+Board does not indicate any reference designs for the REV03 and a ZU3EG device at all. I see that the ZU2 parts must use a new reference design going from REV2 to REV3, so I'm concerned there is no reference support for my new board?

Thanks,
Scott

JH

Hello,
TE0820-03-03EG-1ED will be implemented into next Reference Design update (Vivado 2018.3). Design and configurations is nearly like the other one.
I plan to upload design in the end of this month.
br
John

ScottBierly

Ok great, thanks! My ultimate application for this project is going to be a custom carrier card, but to get started I'm using yours. As they are so different, I ordered 3 different ones to check out and hedge risk, the TE0706, TEO703, and TEBA0841. Will the reference design(s) support all 3 of these (and the others), and if so how does that work? Did you guys maintain a standard enough set of pinouts that you can do this?

Scott

JH