News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Powersupply options for TE0300 and TE0320

Started by Thorsten Trenz, May 25, 2010, 09:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorsten Trenz

How can I supply power to the modules?

TE0300: Power can be supplied via USB or the B2B connector. You can apply both at once, but the B2B will take precedence then. There will be no backcurrent from B2B to USB.

TE0320: You can either power via USB, or via B2B. The Powersource is an assembly option, there is no automatic switchover. Please see the manual for more details. Powering this module via USB is only useful for small designs.

imoddsp

I have bought a TE0320-00-EV02IB with TE0323-00. Can I program via USB? If so, may i know how it's done. And, i want to know more about powering options and methods...
Thanks...

Thorsten Trenz

Quote from: imoddsp on September 16, 2010, 06:47:13 AM
I have bought a TE0320-00-EV02IB with TE0323-00. Can I program via USB? If so, may i know how it's done.

Yes, you can program via USB. This is covered in detail in chapter 9 of the user manual, which can be found here:
TE0320 User manual
However, for development, we strongly recommend using a dedicated JTAG adapter.

If you have specific questions on programming topic, please create a new thread.

Quote from: imoddsp on September 16, 2010, 06:47:13 AM
And, i want to know more about powering options and methods...

Powersupply of the TE0320-00-EV02IB module is only reasonable via B2B, because of the large FPGA.